Subject:
Hi Intel team & @Mike_Intel ,
I am opening a new thread to follow up on my previous request regarding performance optimization and driver-level limitations for the Intel Arc 140T GPU (integrated into the Intel Core Ultra 7 255H on a Motorola MotoBook 60 Pro). My previous thread, linked:
Engineering Request: Remove “DISABLE_HWSCH” Flag & Enable ReBAR for Intel Arc 140T (Arrow Lake-H)
was automatically closed due to inactivity, but the underlying performance bottlenecks remain unresolved.
In your last response, you suggested downgrading to the OEM-provided graphics drivers from Motorola. I want to confirm that I thoroughly tested this approach, and unfortunately, downgrading to the OEM version did not help at all - the features remained restricted. I have since updated back to the absolute latest generic Intel graphics driver, version 32.0.101.8826, which is what I am currently running.
To provide deeper technical evidence beyond the DxDiag and SSU logs previously submitted, I have run diagnostics using TechPowerUp’s GPU-Z (v2.6.9.0) utility. The findings clearly illustrate that key architectural features are being restricted at the driver level.
1. WDDM & Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling (HAGS)
As shown in the attached diagnostics, under the WDDM configuration:
-
Hardware Accelerated GPU: Explicitly reads “Off (not supported)”.
-
Despite the Arc 140T being a modern Xe-LPG+ architecture running on a fully updated Windows 11 environment, the driver continues to flag this feature as unsupported rather than simply disabled, preventing any manual override in Windows graphics settings.
2. PCIe Resizable BAR Status
The advanced PCIe diagnostics expose a complex problem regarding Resizable BAR implementation on this platform:
-
Graphics Driver Support: Explicitly reads “No”.
-
Platform Status: The utility confirms that GPU Hardware Support, Above 4G Decode, CSM Disabled, and UEFI Boot are all properly configured and supported (Yes).
-
BIOS Status: Interestingly, Resizable BAR enabled in BIOS reads “No”.
System Configuration:
- Device: Motorola MotoBook 60 Pro (Model 83NY)
- Processor: Intel Core Ultra 7 255H
- GPU: Intel Arc 140T (16GB Shared Memory, 32 GB Total)
- OS: Windows 11 Home 64-bit
My Questions for the Intel Engineering Team:
While I understand that OEM manufacturers customize firmware, the GPU-Z data reveals a two-part lock. Even if the system BIOS layer requires an update from the OEM to toggle ReBAR on, the Intel graphics driver itself is proactively reporting “No” for driver support on this specific silicon.
-
Is the “No” under Graphics Driver Support a deliberate architectural omission by Intel for the mobile Arc 140T line, or is the driver dynamically disabling support because it detects the OEM BIOS has it locked?
-
Can the engineering team confirm if a future generic Intel driver release will remove the DISABLE_HWSCH blocklist flag to allow HAGS testing on Arrow Lake-H systems?
lorem ipsum
I am fully prepared to loop in the laptop manufacturer (Motorola) regarding their system BIOS deployment, but I need clear confirmation from Intel regarding what is an intentional driver-level restriction versus a firmware limitation.
Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your engineering team’s insight.
Best regards,
Tanush Satarawala

